Soccer may not dominate the U.S. like it does around the world, but FIFA 12 is all over the gaming scene.

The perfect sports game in all aspects has already sold five million copies as of Oct. 28. So far, it’s the best-reviewed sports game of the current console generation, according to EA’s Chief operating officer, Peter Moore.

The flow of the game and the ability for anyone to pick up and play puts it above all other competition. Also, with games split into two halves and noticeably less time where the clock is stopped, a quick game is always an option.

The final thing is the glory. The fantastic feeling of scoring a goal in a game of FIFA 12 isn’t comparable to any other accomplishment in sports gaming.

If you score a touchdown against an opponent online, it isn’t meaningless but still doesn’t carry the emotion that a 30-yard shot slotted to the upper 90 has.

Also with the multiple celebrations, one can rub it into an opponent’s face. With all of the moves you can do after you score, the celebration becomes its own game where players can really show their own personality.

×