New Releases

“The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1”

One of the most anticipated films of the year hits the big screen this week, leaving audiences wondering if they should root for Team Edward or Team Jacob. “The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1,” starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner will follow a story of love, childbirth and an unforeseen truth that will keep us anxiously waiting for part two.

“Happy Feet Two”

With yet another sequel premiering this week, Happy Feet Two is the perfect feel good movie that will make you tap your toes from beginning to end. This is a tale that brings penguins together while learning to dance, run and even fly.

“The Descendants”

Matt King (George Clooney) embarks on a journey filled with love, humor and heartbreaking situations with his two daughters after his wife is involved in a terrible boating accident. He is faced with life changing decisions, but rekindles many relationships along the way.

In Theaters

“Tower Heist”

Ben Stiller and Eddie Murphy team up in Tower Heist as they search for revenge on their Wall Street enemy who did them wrong. This action filled, comedic plot leads to the two getting back what they deserve, no matter how tough the job may be.

3.5/5 Pitchfork

“A Very Harold & Kumar 3D Christmas”

The story of Harold and Kumar continues after years of being apart. They take yet another journey together as they conquer New York and try to find a new Christmas tree for Harold's father-in-law which went up in flames. The two never disappoint audiences with their humor and witty personalities.

3/5 Pitchforks

“Immortals”

Mickey Rourke, Henry Cavill and Freida Pinto star in “Immortals” as they are in search of the long lost bow of Epirus. Filled with epic battles, devious schemes and horrific deaths, this is a movie that will keep you on the edge of your seats.

3.5/5 Pitchforks

“Melancholia”

“Melancholia,” starring Kirsten Dunst and Alexander Skarsgard, is a movie filled with celebration, threats and relationship challenges. A new planet, Melancholia, is approaching Earth quickly which could lead to a horrible disaster: the world coming to an end.

4/5 Pitchforks

Reach the reporter at jillian.lopez@asu.edu

×