NO LOVE FOR DOLLAR COINS?

(In response to Dan Oberhaus’ Nov. 28 article, “Studies show minimal support for Schweikert’s COINS Act.”)

Americans support the dollar coin 61 percent to 39 percent when told of the cost savings.

Regardless, there were similar surveys with similar results in places like Canada, which now have very successful dollar coins. Once people use them on a daily basis, they find how convenient they are.

Inflation has made the dollar bill obsolete. In 1976, a quarter was worth what a dollar is today. I don’t recall anyone complaining about quarters or suggesting a 25-cent bill would have made any sense.

Dollar coins are easier to use, faster to count and would save taxpayers a LOT of money. How could they not? The production costs are much lower since dollar bills wear out so quickly. And using bills adds time to every cash transaction.

Paul Anderson

Statepress.com reader

HIT ME UP IN AN EMERGENCY

(In response to Shawn Raymundo’s Nov. 21 article, “Videos teach faculty, students how to react in campus shooting.”)

The mobile phone is the perfect emergency response and notification system. Face it, one thing you always have within a few feet of you is your phone.

In case of a tornado, act of terrorism or any other situation that requires the people you are responsible for to be alerted, Txtimpact Alert can reach them instantly.

Hawk Alerts are needed for schools and universities.

Dany Goel

Statepress.com reader

×