TALK ABOUT BAD MANAGEMENT

(In response to Shawn Raymundo’s Nov. 3 article, “Councilman frustrated with cost of Occupy Phoenix.”)

Each and every year for the last 10 years, even during the budget crisis years, the mayor and city have demanded increases in police budgets and are required to keep the peace and enforce the laws.

They enacted a food tax, raised our property taxes and eliminated DES for low-income people to give more and more money to law enforcement.

We even had and paid for a third party auditor that stated we could repurpose officers and had way too many as it is.

So why are we short of officers and have to pay overtime for existing officers when we could just swap out shifts.

Sounds like bad management on the part of law enforcement.

Max McCoy

Statepress.com reader

WHAT ABOUT THE NEO-NAZIS?

This is ridiculous: I didn’t hear any Phoenix councilmembers complain about the cost of police to insure that neo-Nazis are able to march in Phoenix every year. Anyone know what the tab protecting their free speech comes to?

Peggy Plews

Statepress.com reader

Have a question, comment, or concern? Maybe you want to make your opinion hear or see your name in print.

Either way, send a letter to the editor at letters.editor@asu.edu. Letters should be 250 words or less and include name and affiliation to the University. We do not accept anonymous letters.

×