Police Beat: Nov. 18

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• A 23-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Tuesday on the Mill Avenue bridge on suspicion of three counts of third-degree burglary, according to a police report.Police saw the man in the parking lot of 80 West Rio Salado Parkway breaking out the windows of three cars and removing items, police reported.

When confronted by two of the car owners, the man ran and was pursued by two off-duty officers, according to the report.

During the pursuit, the man threw several items off the west side of the bridge and was eventually detained, police reported.

The man was found with several items belonging to the two car owners and pieces of glass consistent with the car windows were found in his front pocket, according to the report.

The man said he was intoxicated from drinking at a concert at the Marquee Theatre and he had “found” a wallet, checks and a Visa debit card on the ground in the theater, police reported.

The man denied breaking into any of the cars and said he did not remember running from officers, according to the report.

The man was taken to Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital after complaining of knee pain and after he was medically cleared, was booked into Tempe City Jail, police reported.

• A 47-year-old Scottsdale woman was arrested Monday near Mary Street and Gilbert Drive on an outstanding Tempe warrant, according to a police report.The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail and police began searching through her fanny pack, according to the report.

In the front pocket of the fanny pack, police found a small bag of marijuana, police reported.

The woman said she didn’t know the marijuana was in her fanny pack and said two women named “Patty” or “Heidi” may have been responsible for placing the marijuana in her fanny pack, according to the report.

The woman was held to see a judge for her outstanding warrant and was released later pending the drug charges, police reported.

×