New Releases

Sleeping Beauty

Emily Browning, who plays Lucy in this twisted fairytale, gets a job as a lingerie waitress, but her new job turns out to be much more than she ever expected. “Sleeping Beauty” is a story of breaking spells, mysterious kisses and solving hidden secrets leading to discoveries — all while she is sleeping.

Shame

“Shame,” starring Michael Fassbender, follows the story of a sex addict who discovers that his sister has a painful past and finds his life eventually spinning out of control.

Outrage

“Outrage” is filled with controversy and drama; it unveils the hidden Japanese world behind the tattoos and severed fingertips. The stock market plays a huge role on long-time yakuza Otomo’s life as the struggles expand and making it out alive becomes nothing more than a hopeless wish.

In Theaters

The Muppets

Jason Segel and Amy Adams hit the big screen along with America's favorite fuzzy characters in “The Muppets.” Kermit is on a mission to reunite with the Muppets, raise $10 million and save their theater.

5/5 Pitchforks

Hugo

“Hugo,” based on an award-winning book by Brian Selznick, follows the journey of Hugo Cabret. Hugo seeks to discover a hidden secret that leads him to a place he will love forever. Director Martin Scorsese brings this elegant fantasy tale to a whole new level in stunning 3D.

4.5/5 Pitchforks

Arthur Christmas

“Arthur Christmas,” an animated film featuring the voice work of James McAvoy and Hugh Laurie, is the perfect family flick for the holiday season. This Christmas story has all the essentials: Santa, the North Pole and presents, but the film adds a little twist to these traditions. Arthur must save Christmas while searching for a hidden holiday secret.

4/5 Pitchforks

My Week With Marilyn

Starring Michelle Williams, Eddie Redmayne and Kenneth Branagh, “My Week With Marilyn” tells the story of a very important week in Marilyn Monroe's life. Colin Clark, an employee on the set of a movie starring Marilyn Monroe, becomes involved in the star's life as the movie reveals the strained relationship between Sir Laurence Olivier and Monroe during the production of “The Prince and the  Showgirl.”

4/5 Pitchforks

Reach the reporter at jillian.lopez@asu.edu

×