Kardashian finale reveals details of Kim's divorce

Courtesy of E! Entertainment Television
Courtesy of E! Entertainment Television

Kim Kardashian’s 72-day marriage to Kris Humphries dominated headlines all over the country, which makes this season of “Kourtney & Kim Take New York” the most revealing televised season the Kardashians have starred in yet.

Usually, the Kardashian family-based reality shows lack a set plot. Episodes simply revolve around the absurdities of one of the country’s most envied families.

The debut episode alone attracted 3 million viewers, and the second part of the finale is sure to be as popular. Faithful viewers all over the country have been interested in the dissolution of Kim’s brief marriage Kris.

On Jan. 22, viewers analyzed Kim’s erratic behavior in Part I of the finale as she sought support from her deceased father’s spirit through the world-famous medium John Edward.

Seeking help from a medium was not the first time viewers witnessed Kim do something unexpected for an emotional release.

Earlier in the season Kim lashed out at her younger sister, Khloe, for waking her up an hour earlier than she had hoped, which kept the two from contact practically the whole season.

All of Kim’s emotional distress finally surfaced when she admitted to Kourtney, “I don’t want to be married anymore.”

The Kardashians have never been more entertaining than in “Kourtney & Kim Take New York.” Scott Disick and Kourtney have a bizarre relationship yet they are still the perfect comedic match. The couple provides comic relief for the show that is mostly focused on the turbulent romance between Kim and Kris.

During the season, fans of the show were introduced to Kris, and the basketball star was portrayed as a selfish misogynist who does not communicate with his wife.

In one episode, Kris hosted a party while the sisters were out of town and later flew to Canada without consulting Kim. Early in the season, Kris voiced that he preferred to train in Minnesota, though his wife wanted him to be in New York with her.

Overall, the newlyweds had a brief engagement, and ultimately, a brief marriage.

The second part of the season finale will air Sunday, Jan. 29 and will expose the collapse of Kim and Kris’s marriage.

It can be predicted that Kim will have a meltdown, her mother, Kris Jenner, will fly to New York to support her daughter, and Kim will finalize the termination of her short-lived relationship.

Curious Americans will finally know the truth behind the stormy marriage. Hopefully, all the rumors involving the couple will be dispelled and the truth will be discovered.

With any luck, Scott and Kourtney will do something humorously outrageous to salvage the unnecessary amounts of drama the episode will surely bring up.

It is reality shows like “Kourtney & Kim” that allow audiences to disconnect from their own lives and enter the lives of the rich and famous.

Americans can thank the Kardashians for having the most luxurious, melodramatic and fascinating lives ever so perfectly staged.

Reach the reporter at jhgee@asu.edu

×