This may be the case for every team in the NBA, but the Phoenix Suns especially hate to play against Kobe Bryant.

Recently, Bryant scored a modest 32 and 36 points against the Suns. These performances were modest because, in the first meeting of the season with Nash and company, Bryant went off for a season-high 48 points.

Every team occasionally feels the wrath of the Black Mamba. However, Phoenix must endure it more than any other team.

Since the 2006-07 season, when the Phoenix Suns came back from a 3-1 deficit to knock Bryant out of the first round of the playoffs, he has seemed to hold a grudge against the Suns.

From then on, the Lakers have been 18-7 against the Suns.

Bryant has managed to scorch the Suns for 40 points or more five different times — the most of any Suns’ opponent since then.

Additionally, he has scored 30 or more points against the Suns nine different times after that tough series loss.

Even though the only returning player from that team is Steve Nash, Bryant can’t help but perform with a little extra motivation when he takes on Phoenix.

Last season, Bryant and the “Lake Show” also had an unfavorable early playoff exit. Look out, Dallas Mavericks.

×