On Aug. 18, 2011, I wrote a Devil Dish explaining my thoughts on the Cardinals trading for Kevin Kolb.

Here's the gist of what I said: Kolb is mediocre, he isn’t going to win a Super Bowl and the team should hold out for a better quarterback or tank the season in hopes of drafting Andrew Luck.

Nine months later, here we stand at the doorstep of Arizona possibly releasing Kolb in hopes of landing Peyton Manning.

I’m not usually one to say, “I told you so,” but to the two people who emailed me after reading it, I told you so.

Sure, I can’t exactly say I envisioned this Manning saga back then, but if the Cardinals really thought so highly of Mr. Kolb, I doubt they’d be so eager to send him packing. Peyton is undoubtedly a legend in the game, but the point is, you don’t see teams with promising young quarterbacks going after him right now.

Denver has Tim Tebow, the throwing tight end. Miami has who-the-heck-knows; the fact that I’d have to do a Google search to find out tells you everything you need to know. Tennessee has grandpa Matt Hasselbeck and the less-than-promising Jake Locker. Then there is Arizona, with Kolb and John Skelton.

Sorry Kolb, I didn’t want you then and nobody wants you now.

Follow us on Twitter or like us on FacebookClick here to subscribe to the daily State Press email newsletter.

×