NOT A THEOCRACY

(In response to Sean McCauley's March 26 column, “Santorum, just drop out already.”)

Rick Santorum is not qualified to be President of the U.S. His comments and actions speak for themselves. First, we are not living in the 1950s and Santorum just seems so … outdated. Also, the U.S. is not a theocracy and Santorum seems to believe the contrary. Finally, he is obviously polarizing and it does not help his chances when he utters negative comments about certain demographics that reside in the U.S.

Jason Focken

Statepress.com reader

HIGHER WAGES

(In response to William Hamilton’s March 26 column, “ASU salaries: divide and gender.”)

Have you considered how many women take time off to have children? During that time men gain more experience/rank than women. Other factors that may play a role are negotiating for higher wages, or ask for wages. These reasons would explain why there are differences in each department.

When you compared how much assistant professors, associate professors, and full professors make, you did not stress the importance of career path. Men happen to choose the career path that pays more (like finance, management, and engineering). So from your findings, these wages cannot be considered as unjust.

Viet Truong

Statepress.com reader

Follow us on Twitter or like us on FacebookClick here to subscribe to the daily State Press email newsletter.

×