ASU Police reported the following incidents Monday:

• A 36-year-old man was arrested Monday at the 100 block of East Taylor Street on suspicion of criminal damage, according to a police report.Police arrived at Taylor Place residence hall at the Downtown campus around 12:15 a.m. and found a shattered window at the southeast corner of the building, police reported.The 10-foot-4-inch window had a 3-inch hole in the corner with webbed cracks spreading into the remaining glass, according to the report.Police found a rock below the window matching the hole and a pair of blue jeans in a nearby flower pot, police reported.

While police searched for a security camera with a view of the scene, the man returned to retrieve his pants from the flower pot, according to the report.

The man told police he broke the window and said he did it on purpose, police reported.

The man was booked into Maricopa County Fourth Avenue Jail, according to the report.

• A man was arrested Saturday at the 300 block of East Orange Mall on suspicion of third-degree trespassing, according to a police report.A police officer recognized the man as someone he had warned for trespassing and loitering at ASU on March 16, police reported.The officer watched the man walk past Hayden Library and then stopped him for questioning, according to the report.The man said he remembered being warned not to set foot on the ASU campus but wanted to make a quick phone call, police reported.Police arrested the man and released him after he promised to appear in court, according to the report.
  • A man was arrested Saturday on the 50 block of East 10th Street on suspicion of loitering on ASU property, according to a police report.Police found the man sleeping in the emergency exit of the J. Russell and Bonita Nelson Fine Arts Center, according to the report.The man said police told him not to stay there, but he needed a place to sleep, police reported.Police issued the man an ASU-wide trespass warning and released the man, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Michelle Peirano. Reach the reporter at michelle.peirano@asu.edu

Follow us on Twitter or like us on FacebookClick here to subscribe to the daily State Press email newsletter.

×