Piece of Craft: Summertime Means the End of a Crafty Semester

A beautifully frosted wine glass. Photo from Home Sweets Home.

We are closing in on yet another ending of a semester, which is both exciting and sad (but if you’ve had anywhere near the semester that I’ve had, you’re more than ready to be lounging near a pool than doing any more school work).  In my past three semesters working for State Press Magazine, I think I have covered and written about so many different crafts and so many different types of crafts that it’s hard to even come up with something that is a ‘must craft’ for summer.

One craft that sticks out in my mind has to do with, of course, sitting around a pool with friends.  We all like to have parties or get-togethers with friends in the summer where we can sit around with food and a drink in a nice glass.  To truly wow your summer guests, it’s time to take your everyday glasses up a notch.

A way to do this is using frosted paint.  Frosted paint is a type of spray paint that essentially frosts your glasses with a light silvery color.  When you look for the paint in the stores, it comes in an aerosol can and is either labeled as frosted white, pearl, gray or transparent.  Any of these work, it just depends how dark you want the frosted color to come out.  This gives a cool look to any glass or piece of glassware that you may have (perhaps a Margarita glass?).

A way to step these glasses up even further would be to take rubber bands before you frost your glasses, and put them around your glass at different angles.  I suggest using both thick and thin rubber bands for various line contrasts.  What this does is leaves small, circular sections around the entire glass, which creates a really cool look for any summer drink you may have.

I have truly enjoyed writing crafty blogs for Piece of Craft the past two years, and I have appreciated all of the feedback, comments, and questions that I have received from readers and it has made writing this blog such an enjoyable experience.  If you still have any questions or comments in the future, feel free to contact me with all your craft-related questions at fbreisbl@asu.edu or fbreisblatt@gmail.com.

Thanks again and stay crafty!

×