Dedicated gamers have waited all year for the Entertainment Electronic Expo, or E3, event to take place. E3 will be held at the Los Angeles Convention Center on June 5.

E3 is one of the largest assemblies of video games, video game developers and video game companies to take place in the video game industry.

The E3 event allows all of the biggest video game publishers and game developers to showcase their games to the public.

During the three-day event companies hold exclusive press conferences to share their game plans for the upcoming year. Some major companies include Microsoft, Sony, Nintendo, Electronic Arts, Konami and Ubisoft.

Since Microsoft has innovated the gaming industry with a lack of controllers via the Kinect, they will most likely be focusing on more games for the Kinect system rather than exclusive titles such as Halo 4.

Sony is leading the pack with a number of exclusive games such as The Last of Us and Playstation All Stars, a game that pits all of different franchise characters against each other.

Nintendo will probably have the most intriguing E3 conference because of the debut and new details of the Nintendo Wii U.

The Nintendo Wii U is another attachment to the Nintendo Wii that functions as another attachment to the Wii’s many extra devices. They key difference is that the Wii U has joysticks that are preferred when gaming for long periods of time.

The Nintendo Wii U will increase the level of graphic quality for games which will support a wealth of games from other companies that have avoided being on the Nintendo Wii such as Darksiders II and Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Another facet of E3 are the hilarious moments that typically happen during the press conferences.

In 2006, Sony had a memorable press conference while trying to promote the PlayStation 3. As a result of this the only things that were promoted were giant enemy crabs and the 599 US dollars.

Microsoft has had their own E3 flubs as well, with the infamous “fist bump” and a young girl petting a virtual tiger named Skittles. Plus, who could forget the heartwarming “death stare” from the Konami Press Conference in 2010.

Regardless of the comedic moments, E3 is the event gamers and gaming journalists look forward to because of the massive amount of exclusive reveals and details of games.

Reach the reporter at shfawcet@asu.edu.

×