The Major League Baseball All-Star Game continues to be a disappointment.

When the National and American league teams take the field in Kansas City on July 10, the starting lineups will be composed of players that deserve to be there and players the fans simply want to see.

While the midsummer classic is supposed to be entertaining for both the players and the fans, the selection process is starting to become a joke.

San Francisco Giants second baseman Freddy Sanchez finished fourth in the voting among all National League second basemen. Sanchez has not played all season as he is currently rehabbing a shoulder injury.

While there are countless examples of fan voting being a flawed system, the fact someone can finish fourth without playing is ridiculous.

Kudos to the San Francisco Giants for having a passionate fan base that does everything it can for its team, but Bud Selig and the rest of the MLB need to acknowledge that the system needs to be picked.

Having the fans involved in the All-Star Game is a good thing for Major League Baseball, however having them pick the starting lineups is not.

Follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook.

×