Wallet stolen from dorm, roommate assaulted

ASU Police reported the following incidents Thursday:

• An 18-year-old student’s wallet was stolen Oct. 4 from his dorm room at the 700 block of East Lemon Street, according to a police report.The student was studying in his room when his roommate and a group of five or six men walked into his room, according to the report.

The men asked the student why he wasn’t being social and he stopped his work to introduce himself, police reported.

One of the other men then asked the student to introduce himself to one of the man’s friends standing by the door, according to the report.

When the student returned to his desk he noticed his black wallet was missing, police reported.

He asked the other men in the room if they had taken his wallet, according to the report. They all denied it and emptied out their pockets in front of the student, police reported.

The other men then left the room, according to the report.

At approximately 10:40 p.m., the student’s roommate saw the men in the hallway of the building, police reported.

The student’s roommate made a comment to the group about the stolen wallet and the group of men rushed him and began to punch him for about 10 seconds, according to the report.

The roommate had a small rug burn on his knee from dropping to the ground during the assault, but suffered no other injuries, police reported.

The student and his roommate later identified four of the men, who were in their room, according to the report.

Officers found two wallets on one of the men, one of which contained a credit card belonging to a man involved in a theft incident two weeks ago, police reported.

The student’s wallet was not found and the other man who was assaulted did not wish to aid in prosecution, according to the report.

The men were released without probable cause, but police told them they were trespassing on ASU property and would be arrested if they returned, police reported

• Police were contacted Oct. 2 about a broken window in the Business Administration C-Wing on the 400 block of East Lemon Street, according to a police report.

The window is part of a reception desk for the Department of Marketing, police reported.

The total cost of the damage is estimated to be $200 and ASU is willing to aid in prosecution, according to the report.

There are no suspects or leads at this time, police reported.

Reports compiled by Moriah Costa.

Reach the reporter at mncosta1@asu.edu

×