About Us

Professors Andrew Leckey (right) and Xu Wu (left)

ABOUTUSIntro | Shared Dreams | Desired Dream: Pt 1 | Desired Dream: Pt 2 | Divorce | Media | Fame   One-Child Policy | Pollution | Traffic | Education | English | Social Media | Fashion | Photos

Through the International Business Journalism: Chinese Perspective course, students from the Walter Cronkite School visited several media organizations, including Global Times in Beijing. Through the International Business Journalism: Chinese Perspective course, students from the Walter Cronkite School visited several media organizations, including Global Times in Beijing.

Kirsten Adams is a senior in ASU’s dual-degree (BA/MMC) program at the Cronkite School, with an emphasis on print and multimedia journalism. She has interned with The Arizona Republic’s copy desk and specializes in copy editing and print or web design. She hopes to earn her Ph.D. and teach journalism at a university.

Margot Bernal is a junior at the Cronkite School, studying broadcast journalism with a minor in Spanish. She hopes to continue her education to earn a master’s degree in business. Margot works at ASU’s downtown Dean of Students’ Office, and is a member of Kappa Delta Chi Sorority Inc. and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists.

Dayana Cabrera is a senior at the Cronkite School, with an emphasis in broadcast journalism. She is from Cuba, and her goal is to pursue a career reporting in the entertainment industry. Dayana has interned with the Spanish news station Univision and is interning with Know 99 news in the fall of 2012.

Tian Chen is a graduate student specializing in business journalism at the Cronkite School. She graduated from the University of Nottingham, Ningbo, China, with a degree in International Business Management. Becoming a financial reporter at Reuters or Bloomberg is Tian’s dream career.

Andrea Crandall is an Arizona native and a senior at the Cronkite School, studying print journalism. She has interned and done freelance work for the Arizona Republic, AZ Big Media and Scottsdale Living, and she hopes to work for a newspaper after graduating in Spring 2013.

Sarah Dinell is a sophomore journalism student specializing in broadcast at the Cronkite School. She is in Barrett, the Honors College, and is currently working on a joint bachelor’s degree in journalism and a master’s in mass communication (BA/MMC). After graduation, she hopes to enter the radio or producing industry.

Matt Haldane is a business journalism student at the Cronkite School. He has worked for the Arizona Republic and the Phoenix Business Journal, and has had articles published by several agencies, including USA Today. After spending three years in Asia while in the U.S. Navy, Matt is now studying international economics as a second major.

Alexis Ariana Hermosillo is from El Mirage, Arizona. She received her bachelor’s degree in Interdisciplinary Arts & Performance with a Spanish minor from ASU. She is currently a graduate student at the Cronkite School, studying broadcast journalism with a Latino Specialization.

DiAngelea Millar is a journalist graduating with her Bachelor’s and Master’s concurrently (BA/MMC). She has interned with the The Phoenix Business Journal, the Arizona Republic and the New Orleans Times-Picayune. DiAngelea is a Features and Business reporter and aspires to write fictional novels.

Justin McDuffie is a sophomore at Arizona State University. He is currently studying journalism with a specialization in broadcast at the Cronkite School. Justin has been a production assistant for ESPN at the Tostitos Fiesta Bowl and for the CNN Republican debate in Mesa.

Sarah Pringle graduated from the University of Arizona in 2011, majoring in business economics and minoring in Spanish. She is a graduate student at the Cronkite School, focusing in online/print and specializing in business journalism. This summer, she will be interning at Dow Jones MarketWatch in San Francisco.

Erin Roman is an undergraduate student at the Cronkite school and is double majoring in print journalism and business finance. After visiting the Bloomberg bureau in Shanghai, her new goal is to intern for them in the future. Her ideal position would be at the New York bureau where she can utilize both her journalism and finance skills.

Liliana Salgado is a broadcast journalism student at the Cronkite School. She is currently working on her minor in Spanish in hopes of becoming fluent to work for the Hispanic market in Journalism. Liliana has worked as a show host for Prensa Hispana, Arizona’s Spanish newspaper. This summer, she will be working on-air with Radio Fiesta.

After graduating from the University of Washington with a bachelor’s degree in Communication, Melanie Yamaguchi is now pursuing a master’s of Mass Communication degree at the Cronkite School. Upon graduating in December 2012, she plans to return to her home state of Hawaii in hopes of working at a media organization in Honolulu.

This project marks the third year of the International Business Journalism: Chinese Perspective course conducted by Professors Andrew Leckey (right) and Xu Wu (left) of the Cronkite School. Leckey, a former CNBC anchor and nationally syndicated financial columnist for the Chicago Tribune, is president of the Reynolds National Center for Business Journalism. Dr. Wu, currently on sabbatical as a visiting professor at City University of Hong Kong, is an authority on Chinese media and public relations with a number of books to his credit. Both have appeared on Chinese television as commentators on Chinese-American relations.

×