Carrick Felix named Pac-12 Player of the Week, again

Senior wing Carrick Felix plays really well, ASU chalks up a couple wins and Felix gets Pac-12 Player of the Week.

It seems to be a repetitive cycle this season.

Well, it happened again. Felix earned Pac-12 Player of the Week honors for a third time this season. He scored 39 points and grabbed 21 rebounds in ASU's two wins this week over USC and UCLA. Perhaps even more impressive stats from those two games than the two double-doubles — Felix shot 13-of-22 from the floor and had one turnover.

He's the only player the receive the award multiple times this season. According to ASU Media Relations, it's the 24th time a player has been named Pac-12 Player of the Week three times in a season. Isaiah Thomas and Derrick Williams were the last players to win the award three times in a season in 2010-11.

Ike Diogu and Eddie House are the only ASU players to accomplish the feat. House won it four times during the 1999-00 season when he also won Pac-12 Player of the Year. The Sun Devils have 11 games left on their schedule, so Felix has a good chance at getting No. 4. How about Pac-12 Player of the Year? His performance last week certainly put his name in the running.

On top of this accolade, he was also named ESPN.com's Player of the Week.

Reach the reporter at master.tesfatsion@asu.edu

×