Presidential style

Was7211318
US Vice President Joe Biden and Second Lady Dr Jill Biden attend the Inaugural Ball at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center on January 21, 2013 in Washington, DC. AFP PHOTO/Jewel Samad (Photo credit should read JEWEL SAMAD/AFP/Getty Images)

See what styles the White House sported on President Obama's big day!

Michelle Obama has always been a Fashion icon and an adventurer when it comes to fashion. She represents the sophisticated and polished woman almost we aspires to be.

It all began with Monday morning's festivities where Michelle, Sasha and Malia accompanied the president to take his oath of office.

Michelle looked tres chic in a Thom Brown matching dress and coat and completed her look in sophisticated and affordable J. Crew gloves and a belt. Her new hairstyle created a craze for bangs and this was just the right look to complement the outfit. As for shoes, she opted for Reed Krakoff, tall boots.

michelle-obama-in-thom-browne-public-ceremonial-inauguration.png Photo courtesy of "The Fashion Court"" height="219

The Obama girls, Sasha and Malia, following their mother's fashion sense, went with a similar chic and more grown up look. Sasha wore a total Kate Spade ensemble that included a periwinkle coat and dress and sported bouncy curls. Malia went full out J.Crew with a purple coat and gorgeous burgundy scarf; as well as wearing her shoulder-length hair down.

Jill Biden.jpg Photo courtesy of New York Times" height="200

Dr. Jill Biden also took part in the fashion extravaganza by looking extremely elegant in a Lela Rose pearl colored dress and silver coat. The coat was an excellent fit for her petite frame, and included a bow despite the criticism others such as Aretha Franklin have gained in the past for wearing large, oversized bows. This time, it was not a problem for Dr. Biden, she looked super classy, sporting the applique. She finished off her look by wearing her hair in flipped layers and bangs.

beyonce.jpg Photo courtesy of becauseiamfabulous.com" height="300

Beyonce stole the show not only with her alleged lip synch mishap, but also fashion wise. She stunned audiences in a dazzling black and long, Emilio Pucci gown from the 2013 Pre-Fall collection and paired it with a black Christian Dior fur coat. She finished off her look by wearing gorgeous and super expensive Lorraine Schwartz Emerald earrings. She too, let her bomb shell curls loose.

Later that evening, both Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden ditched the coats and stunned audiences when they changed into sumptuous ball gowns designed by Vera Wang and Jason Wu.

jason wu sketch.jpg Image courtesy of Time.com" height="300

Fashion designer Jason Wu, has become household designer brand, ever since the First Lady debuted a long astonishing white gown for the 2009 Presidential Inaugural Ball.

gty_michelle_obama_jason_wu_lpl_130122_wg.jpg Photo courtesy of ABC News" height="168

This time around, Michelle opted for a dress that was on the opposite side of the color wheel from Wu's 2009 design. The extravagant red gown was designed especially for her and was the talk of the night when she made her grand entrance. The dress was a big deal because Michelle is always known to go against the grain from her predecessors, who usually opt for more established designers, such as Oscar de La Renta. Michelle's choice of wearing a Wu gown showed her bold choice once again to set herself apart from the norm by trying new and innovative, bold looks.

The red really complemented her complexion, while the cut flattered all her physical features. Mrs. Obama always looks graceful and elegant in long, floor-length, and flowy gowns. This dress did exactly that, she was able to shine amongst all.

Jill-Biden-Presidential-Inaugural-Ball-Dress-2013-.jpg Photo courtesy of becauseiamfabulous.com" height="300

Michelle was not the only one who turned heads. Dr. Biden wore a a breathtaking Vera Wang silk blue, floor-length gown. Dr. Biden is known for wearing more classic, but still stylish ensembles. This Wang gown was of a beautiful blue, which perfectly outlined her silhouette figure, through the very typical Vera Wang long ribbon at the waistline. The gown also featured a Grecian element to it in the flowing neckline and a draping scoop back.

All these ladies looked lovely and classy on this special day. Who was your best-dressed favorite from the night?

×