Top 5 shows for girls and guys

Top five shows for guys:

5. 1600 Penn (NBC) — Jan. 10

"1600 Penn” is about a dysfunctional family living at the White House. Its first episode premiered on Dec. 17, but it will officially start Jan. 10. Starring: Bill Pullman ("Independence Day"), Jenna Elfman (“Accidentally on Purpose, Keeping the Faith) and Josh Gad (“Book of Mormon”).

4. Banshee (Cinemax) — Jan. 11

Alan Ball (“True Blood” and “Six Feet Under” creator) develops a new series about an ex-con pretending to be a murdered Sheriff in a small Pennsylvania town.

3. The Americans (FX) — Jan. 30

Keri Russel and Matthew Rhys star as two undercover KGB spies posing as an American couple. Think “Homeland” but not as exhilarating and with the KGB.

2. The Following (FOX) — Jan. 21

Kevin Bacon stars as a hard-drinking former FBI agent who receives a call from a serial killer he put away who recently escaped with the intent to finish his job. The killer (James Purefoy) was an ex-literary teacher obsessed with the work of Edgar Allen Poe. Also starring Natalie Zea.

1. House of Cards (Netflix) — Feb. 1

David Fincher ("The Social Network," "Fight Club") brings a political show to Netflix starring Kevin Spacey as a politician who is willing to reveal all of the secrets in politics to become President. Also starring: Kate Mara and Robin Wright.

Top five shows for girls:

5. Cult (CW) — Feb. 19

Centering on a journalist who is investigating a series of strange disappearances that are linked to a TV show called Cult. Starring Matthew Davis ("Legally Blonde") and Robert Knepper (“Prison Break”)

4. 1600 Penn (NBC) — Jan. 10

This is a show both guys and girls can enjoy.

3. Deception (NBC) — Jan. 7

A story of two best friends: one dead and the other investigating her alleged overdose. Going undercover with her friend’s family she slowly starts to unravel what really happened. Starring: Meagan Good

2. Red Widow (ABC) — March 3

ABC could have the first great female antihero. The female Dexter, House or Tony Soprano even. Radha Mitchell plays a housewife forced to enter the family business of organized crime in San Francisco after her husband was murdered. The series follows her journey and transformation (like Walter White in “Breaking Bad”).

1. The Carrie Diaries (CW) — Jan. 14

AnnaSophia Robb stars as an 18-year old Carrie Bradsaw. Yes THAT Carrie Bradshaw, as she starts to write and find out about love, sex, friendship and family in Manhattan. This is a prequel to the HBO series “Sex and the City.”

×