Man arrested on suspicion of false reporting

ASU Police reported the following incidents Monday:

A man was arrested Sunday on the 1100 block of South Rural Road on suspicion of false reporting to police and an attempted hit-and-run in a parking structure, according to a police report.

The man reported to police that someone damaged his truck, which was parked in Parking Structure 4, according to the report.

An acquaintance of the man, who said he was present when the damage occurred, confirmed that the man lived at the Vista del Sol apartments, police reported.

Later, police checked the address with the apartment's management, who told them only two girls lived there, according to the report.

When police returned to the garage to collect more evidence, they noticed damage to a nearby vehicle that was inconsistent to the report the man originally gave, police reported.

Police were able to make contact with the man at a later time, police reported.

Police arrested the man after he changed his story of the event several more times, according to the report.

A woman was arrested Feb. 20 on East Broadway Road on suspicion of driving with a suspended license, not having proof of insurance and driving with suspended license plates, according to a police report.

When police asked the woman for her insurance and registration information, she went through the console of her car, then stopped and said that she didn’t have her car insured, police reported.

The woman said she had recently moved and had not reported her change of address, because she had been too busy, police reported.

Police called for a tow truck to impound her vehicle, and as she was taking her valuables from her car, she locked herself out of the car, according to the report.

The key she used would not open the lock in her door, and there was no handle on the other door to open it by, according to the report.

Her car was eventually impounded, and she was cited and released later in the evening, police reported.

Reports compiled by Randsom Rockliffe

Reach the reporter at rrocklif@asu.edu or follow him @RRockliffe

×