Bravo to the U.S. Supreme Court for taking two cases that can result in the legalization of same-sex marriage. Whether or not the Supreme Court rules to do so, the fact is that it have chosen to hear a case that means so much to so many Americans. These are interesting times, to be sure.

Boo to the shooting death of a Georgia infant after two assailants demanded that the mother gave them money. Sherry West, the mother of the child, also lost her 18-year-old son in 2008 when he was stabbed to death

Bravo to Florida Gulf Coast University. FGCU was the first 15 seed team to make it to the Sweet Sixteen in history last weekend. It now has a chance to rewrite the record books again by winning two games this weekend that will bring it to the Final Four. Is that unlikely? Yes. But we don't care. The Eagles give fans a chance to root for the little guy.

Boo to the "white pride" group at Maryland's Towson University that started late-night patrols around campus to combat a "black crime wave." The Baltimore Sun quoted Matthew Heimbach, the leader of the group, as saying, "What you see here is a very large problem of black-male-against-white-female crime," but that they would intervene in any altercations regardless of the race of the perpetrator or victim. The student group is not affiliated or sponsored by Towson.

Bravo to William Daniels reprising his role as the wise and beloved Mr. Feeny in the "Boy Meets World" spin-off  "Girl Meets World." The new series will follow the daughter of "Boy Meets World" main characters, Cory and Topanga.

Boo to Senate Bill 1432, also known as the bathroom bill, that would have made it a misdemeanor for transgender individuals to use the bathroom of the sex not listed on their birth certificate.

Bravo to the 30th anniversary of Michael Jackson's much-lauded breakthrough performance of "Billie Jean," which featured his signature moonwalk dance, on March 25, 1983.

Boo to the judge who ruled that Austin Whaley, an 18-year-old from Kentucky, is banned from saying "bingo" for six months after Whaley was cited for disorderly conduct when he falsely shouted "bingo" in a crowded bingo hall.

Bravo to the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation initiative offering $100,000 to whoever can design a newer, more effective and pleasurable condom. ASU, you got this. The "Grand Challenge" is open until May 7, 2013.

Boo to the new clothing line based on the apparel worn by Selena Gomez and Vanessa Hudgens, the stars of "Spring Breakers." While the movie itself looks great in a campy kind of way, turning it into a brand is absurd.

Boo-ravo to the end of spring training. While it was a great time to be in Arizona with all the cheap baseball tickets, this means that opening day at Chase Field isn't far off at all.

×