Bravo to the Mississippi infant who was "cured" of HIV after 18 months of "aggressive HIV therapy" that began within the first two days of his birth. More than 300,000 babies are born with HIV each year, according to most estimates. This is a step in the right direction for eradicating one of the largest humanitarian crises across the globe.

Boo to ridiculous amounts of coverage of Jodi Arias. One can't look at Twitter during the day anymore without being assaulted with every news organization in the Valley going off about the events. There are actual important things going on, and 24-hour coverage of a trial for one messed-up person who allegedly killed another messed-up person is not one of them.

Bravo to the release of new Jimi Hendrix songs that were recorded before the legendary rock star’s untimely death but were never released. “People, Hell and Angels” features 12 tracks that were originally intended as a follow-up album to “Electric Ladyland.” Most of the tracks were recorded at New York’s Record Plant Studios and are now being released by producers of the 43-year-old tracks.

Boo to former ASU swim coach Greg Winslow, who has been accused for sexually abusing a teenage girl in 2007 while he was still coaching the team. This isn't the first time that Winslow has been looked into for inappropriate conduct, as he has been investigated for offensive language and contact at Utah, where he coaches now. Utah will likely not renew Winslow's contract over the summer. If these allegations are true, it's shocking that a coach would commit such an offense while actively coaching a team at ASU.

Bravo to the arrival of spring break. Whether you're going skiing or surfing, partying or just laying out by the pool all day, have fun — and stay safe, y'all.

Boo to Western Kentucky broadcast student Sam McGaw, who wrongfully reported via Twitter that LSU football coach Les Miles would step down Monday for allegedly having an affair with the student. McGaw did not make up his report, but he credited his "source" as a message board under an Alabama football fan site. This should be example No. 345,678 why you should don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Bravo to the news that the 10 Florida A&M; students involved in the November 2011 hazing death of the marching band drum major, Robert Champion, will be charged with felony manslaughter, which can carry up to 15 years in prison. Hazing in general is not a great idea, but when it results in someone's death, there is absolutely no excuse.

Boo to the Cardinal distribution as they begin preparations to elect the next pope. When Pope Benedict XVI retired in February, debates began to surface as to which cardinal would emerge as the new pope. There is no clear front-runner, but some startling numbers. The youngest cardinal is 53 years old and from India, while only 11 cardinals hail from Africa. The majority (70) are white men from Europe. So, who can effectively lead the Roman Catholic Church? Numbers say we will see another white European pope. Will they be able to take the Church into the future?

Bravo to the NCAA's new "Champions of Respect" guidebook, geared towards promoting the inclusion and well-being of LGBTQ athletes.

Boo to the "sequester," resulting in drastic across-the-board cuts in nearly all government programs. These reductions were meant to be the motivation for Congress to pass more substantive reforms to curtail the budget deficits and national debt, but it's the fiscal cliff and the debt ceiling debacle all over again.

Bravo to Jimmy V. Tuesday marked the 20-year anniversary of legendary coach and broadcaster Jimmy Valvano's speech at the first ESPY's award show. It is hard to believe that it has been two decades since he left the sports world with the famous words, "Don't give up. Don't ever give up." Jimmy may have lost his battle with cancer, but his words inspire people struggling with cancer today, and the Jimmy V Foundation continues to raise money for cancer research.

Boo to hit-and-run that killed the young Hasidic Jewish couple and their prematurely-born child on March 3. Raizy and Nathan Glauber were 21 and on their way to the hospital for a prenatal checkup, according to the New York Times.

×