Two iPhones stolen on Tempe campus

ASU Police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

A 19-year-old woman's cell phone was stolen Feb. 22 on the 800 block of South Cady Mall, according to a police report.

The woman took her iPhone 4S with her into a restroom in the Durham Language and Literature building, according to the report.

The woman left the phone on a toilet paper holder, police reported.

The phone was gone when she returned to the bathroom about five hours later, according to the report.

Her iPhone cost approximately $300 and was white with a yellow and sky blue case, police reported.

The woman told police all the information on the phone, including her phone number, was in Japanese, according to the report.

The woman tried locating her phone three days later and received a signal from an undisclosed location, police reported.

Four days later, she tried to track the phone again, but it was turned off, according to the report.

A 27-year-old man's cell phone was stolen Feb. 27 on the 300 block of East Orange Mall, according to a police report.

The man was playing billiards at Sparky's Den in the lower level of Memorial Union with another man he met that day, according to the report.

The man played several games of pool and left the area to meet his girlfriend, accidentally leaving his iPhone 5 behind, police reported.

The man discovered that his phone was gone when he returned approximately 30 minutes later, according to the report.

The man told police he remembered the other man was the last one at the pool table and had asked others around the area about the phone, police reported.

The iPhone is valued at $800, was purchased in a foreign country and has AT&T; as the carrier, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Jacqueline Solis

Reach the reporter atjcsolis@asu.eduor follow her on Twitter @jackiecsolis

×