Tim Tebow is not good enough to play quarterback in the NFL, right?

Well, Bill Belichick is a football genius. And he just signed Tim Tebow to play quarterback.

No one is foolish enough to think that Tebow will start for the Patriots, or even be the second-string quarterback. Tom Brady is just too good, and Ryan Mallett is the heir apparent to that position in New England.

What Tebow will do with the Patriots is what he could have and should have done last year with the Jets.

He can line up in the wildcat formation, on special teams, as a tight end and, most importantly, as a quarterback. Anything to keep defenses guessing.

Bill Belichick loves to keep people guessing.

Tebow is a weapon in the hands of a mastermind. With Belichick, that weapon will be an AK-47 with the rest of the league defending itself with tissue paper.

The problem in New York was the media attention Tebow received as a backup quarterback. Belichick and Brady won’t let that happen in Foxborough.

This marriage between Tebow and Patriots will work. And it will make the Jets look foolish for wasting his talents last season.

Reach the reporter at justin.emerson@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @J15Emerson

×