Final: ASU 58 UA 21

Football Will Sutton UA
Redshirt senior defensive tackle Will Sutton throws his hands up before facing UA Saturday, Nov. 30. ASU defeated UA and and secured the home field advantage for the Pac-12 championship. (Photo by DOminic Valente)

Redshirt senior defensive tackle Will Sutton throws his hands up before facing UA Saturday, Nov. 30. ASU defeated UA and and secured the home field advantage for the Pac-12 championship. (Photo by DOminic Valente) Redshirt senior defensive tackle Will Sutton throws his hands up before facing UA Saturday, Nov. 30. ASU defeated UA and secured the home field advantage for the Pac-12 championship. (Photo by Dominic Valente)

ASU carried over its 23-point halftime advantage to defeat UA 58-21 and win the 87th Territorial Cup game.

The Wildcats (7-5, 4-5 Pac-12) scored on the opening possession of the second half, driving seven plays and 75 yards for a touchdown finished off by junior running back Ka'Deem Carey.

The Sun Devils (10-2, 8-1) were unable to move the ball on its opening second half drive and the Wildcats moved down the field once more.

This time, the Sun Devils defense responded as Wildcats redshirt senior quarterback B.J. Denker was intercepted by redshirt junior safety Damarious Randall, who returned it 64 yards for a touchdown to make it 37-14.

The Wildcats moved within 37-21 two drives later when Denker fumbled at the four-yard line and redshirt junior receiver Garic Wharton picked the ball up and ran it into the end zone.

Sun Devils redshirt junior quarterback Taylor Kelly extended the lead on the next drive, hitting redshirt sophomore receiver Jaelen Strong on a 61-yard pass to make it 44-21.

The Wildcats fumbled the ensuing kickoff and the Sun Devils made them pay as sophomore running back D.J. Foster scored on a seven-yard touchdown run, his second of the evening, to extend the lead to 51-21.

Redshirt junior tight end De'Marieya Nelson finished off the scoring with a one-yard touchdown run, his second of the night, following an interception by senior cornerback Osahon Irabor.

With the victory, the Sun Devils clinched home-field advantage in next week's Pac-12 title game against Stanford.

Reach the reporter at dsshapi1@asu.edu and follow him on Twitter @DsShapi

×