How you know it's the final countdown

Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.
Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.

Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez. Graphic by Noemi Gonzalez.

It is finally April... which means that school ends in less than six weeks. WHAT?

Where did the semester go? Between January craziness, Spring Break, St. Patrick's Day shenanigans, and March Madness — Spring 2014 simply flew by.

The last full month of the semester is here and with it comes the end-of-the-year craze. Here are ten signs that you've been thrust into the last month of school:

1. Your planner has more deadlines written in red than any other color. The percentage of social plans has shrunk drastically and most of your to-do list features things like, "Study for psychology exam" or "Edit cover letter" and maybe even, "Find money to buy plane tickets for summer."
  2. Your homework seems to have homework. Not only do you have to work on projects or study for exams, the professors are cramming in all of these small assignments that could have been done earlier in the semester. You're doing twice as much homework now than you were in February.
  3. The desire to do nothing but lay in bed all day is strong. Every morning is a battle because you work relentlessly, but the to-do list seems to be getting longer with each day.
  4. You always have caffeine on hand. Whether it's Starbucks, McDonalds, or a Red Bull — there's always a drink in hand to keep your energy pumped to the max.
  5. Procrastination regret is a real, physical thing. You start wishing that you'd paid attention in lecture. You regret throwing away your notes (or losing them). You wish you hadn't stayed up all night watching Netflix. Procrastination is fun; until it's not anymore.
  6. You find yourself emotional over nothing. Stress makes people weird and when I say weird, I mean emotional. We get angry over nothing. Frustration is always quick at hand. Sometimes, the emotional buildup leads us to a blowout — either one of yelling, tears or both yelling and tears.
  7. Sleep is a thing of the past. You're up all hours of the day now. Sleeping isn't a priority anymore; it's become a precious gift that you're allowed to enjoy infrequently.
While it seems overwhelming now, there are only four weeks left. It will all be over soon.

Reach the blogger at Stephanie.Tate@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @StephanieITA

×