The Duce

2014 Best Alternative Entertainment
2014 Best Alternative Entertainment

2014 Best Alternative Entertainment 2014 Best Alternative Entertainment

Back to Best of ASU

525 S. Central Ave. 602-866-3823 Hours: Tues.-Thurs. 11a.m. - Midnight Fri.-Sat. 10 a.m. - 1 a.m. Sun. 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.

Certainly one of the more interesting buildings in downtown Phoenix, The Duce serves as a venue, a restaurant, a clothing store and a boxing ring fully equipped with punching bags.

Opening the rustic, sliding metal door, you are faced with a confounding question: “Where on earth am I?” Inside the partitioned-off warehouse, there stands a boxing ring fully equipped with punching bags where people are sliding on boxing gloves and channeling their inner Muhammad Ali. In the same section, there is a store selling an assortment of t-shirts, tank tops and workout attire. In the farthest corner of the warehouse there is a restaurant and bar, where patrons are drinking out of mason jars and munching on meals and snacks.

The building itself looks vintage and rustic, but the interior is fully renovated and ready for anything. The unique atmosphere of The Duce brings in crowds with its promise of good vibes and a fun time. Located in the warehouse district of downtown Phoenix, The Duce is unlike any place you’ve seen. With so many things going on in one building, it has become a favorite of downtown Phoenix residents. The Duce serves both lunch and dinner as a staple to its many other services. The “art of old-school training” is put into practice at their in-house gym. Other variations of retro recreation await visitors who can purchase The Duce’s own line of R&R Surplus workout clothing. The venue can also be reserved for parties and events, according to The Duce’s official website. Open until the wee hours of the morning, this diamond in the rough ensures that the old-school fun continues throughout the night.

Back to Best of ASU

×