Boss Frog releases 'Two Mouth One Mouth' music video

[slideshow_deploy id='156534']

On Oct. 31, local band Boss Frog will release a music video for its newest single, “Two Mouth One Mouth.”

“Two Mouth One Mouth,” as well as a second new single called “Sabretooth Boogie,” can be heard on the locally available Boss Frog/PRO TEENS split release, which came out July 22. If you have yet to buy this tape, however, the “Two Mouth One Mouth” music video offers the perfect funk you’ve been itching to add to your Halloween playlist.

Read our coverage of Rubber Brother Record's latest release.

For those who have never heard of Boss Frog, prepare to be enlightened; for those who already know and love the band for all of its groovy spunk, get excited. “Two Mouth One Mouth” is everything you hoped it would be: eccentric, saxophone-laden experimentation.

Lead singer Jack Bennett’s captivating personality is the primary focus throughout the video, allowing his vision for Boss Frog to effortlessly shine through. Condensed into only two minutes and 28 seconds are all the elements which make the band so praised throughout the Valley music sphere, including (but not limited to) heavy jazz elements and eccentric dance moves.

Led by Bennett and bassist Cody Inglis, the band broke onto the scene in the summer of 2012 with the album “Bone Woman Come in the Night,” which was recorded in Bennett’s parents’ living room. Since then, the entity formally known as “Boss Frog & His Demon Concoctions” took Phoenix by storm.

Following a show at the Crescent Ballroom in August, I was left with no words to describe the band’s performance, but “jazz punk with a healthy dose of LSD and ‘Rocky Horror,'” and it doesn’t seem like that label is subject to change as the band begins its new era of material.

Reach the reporter at aplante@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @aimeeplante

×