Tempe Police: Man takes MP3 player from sleeping woman

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Saturday:

A 29-year-old Tempe man was arrested Oct. 11 at the 1000 block of Don Carlos Avenue on suspicion of burglary, according to a police report.

The man entered a woman’s residence while she was sleeping and took her MP3 player from her entertainment stand in her living room, police reported.

The woman said that she woke up to find the man standing over her while she slept in bed and asking her, “What’s up?” according to the report.

She then responded, “Who are you? Get out of my house!” and then kicked him and pushed him in the back to get him out of her apartment, police reported.

The man did not fight back or touch the woman in any sexual way, according to the report.

As she pushed the man out the front door and attempted to close it, she believed that his arm or some part of his body was caught in the door because it would not close, according to the report.

Further investigation revealed an abrasion approximately 1-inch long, which the man claimed was a mosquito bite, between the his elbow and shoulder, police reported.

Officers searched the man and found a grey and black MP3 player that he said was his in his right pocket, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

A 21-year-old Chandler woman was arrested Oct. 10 at the 400 block of Fifth Street on suspicion of narcotic drug possession and obstruction of a public thoroughfare, according to a police report.

Officers originally contacted the woman in connection with a disturbance near an apartment complex, police reported.

The woman appeared very intoxicated and was calling a cab to get her home safely, according to the report.

She became very agitated, walked away from police, walked into the street numerous times and walked in front of a car traveling eastbound on Fifth Street and attempted to get in the vehicle, police reported.

An officer then placed the woman under arrest and conducted a search that revealed a pill bottle with no prescription on it, according to the report.

In the pill bottle were approximately 21 Oxycodone pills and a pill and a half of Promethazine that the woman did not have a prescription for, police reported.

The woman said she received the Oxycodone pills from her mother and friends because she has a bad back and that she did not have a prescription for them, according to the report.

The woman was arrested and transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Andrew Nicla.

Reach the reporter at anicla@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @andrewniclaASU.

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×