Tempe Police: Woman steals assorted items from Target, found with meth

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 35-year-old Dutch woman was arrested Oct. 24 on the 1800 block of East Rio Salado Parkway on suspicion of shoplifting, dangerous drug possession and drug paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

The woman put two bathroom rugs, a bathroom lid cover, a shower curtain and a king size comforter set, valued at $196, inside a shopping cart, and exited the Target without paying, police reported.

Upon searching the woman, police found her to be in possession of a small bag of methamphetamine, according to the report.

The woman said the bag and the methamphetamine were hers, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 29-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Oct. 25 in the 400 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of theft, marijuana possession and having an outstanding warrant, according to a police report.

The man was seen walking from Fuzzy's Taco Shop on Mill Avenue with a bucket containing three opened Corona beers valued at approximately $25, according to the report.

A police investigation revealed that the beer bucket had been stolen from Fuzzy's, police reported.

Officers also searched the man and found a small plastic bag of marijuana, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, police reported.

Reports compiled by Emi Kamezaki.

Reach the reporter at ekamezak@asu.edu or follow her on Twitter @emikamezaki

×