ASU basketball vs. Chicago State: By the numbers

Video by Marc Steiner | Sports Reporter

8— Turnovers ASU committed Friday night against Chicago State. Coach Herb Sendek said he was impressed with his team's composure in the backcourt, coughing the ball up just four times in the second half.

30— Total team fouls committed by Chicago State, which ran a hyper-aggressive full-court press for the majority of the first half, which left them prone to cheap fouls and easy looks for ASU behind the arc. The Sun Devils would find themselves in the bonus in both halves after the Cougars would commit more than the permitted 10 fouls each half.

7— Three pointers made by ASU. The Sun Devils scored 21 points from beyond the arc, shooting a tremendous 43.8 percent from deep.

55.9— Free-throw percentage of the Sun Devils tonight. ASU made 19 of its 34 attempts, down 13.5 percent from ASU's 2013-14 season average.

17— Assists ASU recorded against Chicago State. With Jahii Carson out of the picture, the team is much less reliant on a single offensive catalyst to handle the ball, resulting in a number of impressive sequences of ball movement. Sendek referred to his new-look offense as "team-oriented."

4— ASU players in double digits. Shaq McKissic had 20 points on the night, and fellow teammates Roosevelt Scott, Willie Atwood, and Gerry Blakes added 11 points apiece in the win.

61.2— ASU's field goal percentage. The Sun Devils shot an impressive 30-49 from the field, a result of their high quality shot selection.

8—  ASU's total number of offensive rebounds. The Sun Devils would benefit from more assertive positioning when attacking the glass. ASU was only able to score eight points off of these rebounds, leaving room for improvement in the second chance points department.

Reach the reporter at mtsteine@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @MarcTSteiner

×