Territorial Cup: By the numbers

ua 107

The time on the clock when the Pac-12 South champion was decided. With UCLA's loss to Stanford, it put the fate of the Pac-12 South in the Territorial Cup, which came down to a failed fourth down conversion with just over a minute left.

ua 1986

The last time these two teams met while both were ranked in the top 25. No. 11 UA came out on top of No. 13 ASU. The Wildcats could find themselves inside the top 10, while ASU shouldn't fall too far.

ua 22

The number of attempts Taylor Kelly got at quarterback before Todd Graham put in his backup, Mike Bercovici. Bercovici got the same number of attempts and completed one more pass but also threw an interception.

ua 5

The number of sacks the Wildcats had of Taylor Kelly. The pass-protection woes continued from the game before against Washington State. After ASU pulled Kelly, UA had two sacks of his replacement, Mike Bercovici.

ua 3

The number of consecutive games ASU has trailed after the first quarter. Coincidentally, the Sun Devils have dropped two of those three games. Before this streak, ASU only trailed after the first quarter in one (USC) of its first nine games.

ua 2

The number of key starters ASU was missing on defense. Neither of the absences were known in advance, either. Redshirt junior safety Jordan Simone was ruled out just prior to kickoff and redshirt sophomore linebacker Laiu Moeakiola was knocked out of the game in the first half.

ua 14

The number of points off turnovers for both ASU and UA. Each team was ranked top-10 nationally in turnover margin entering the game. UA eventually got the game-changing turnover on a Mike Bercovici interception that led to seven points.

ua 1622

The amount of time during the game it was more than a one-score separation. The only two leads more than seven points were UA's, 42-28 and 35-21. ASU never led but kept it close all game.

ua 28

The number of points UA got off of explosive plays. The Wildcats benefited from blown coverages and had touchdown plays of 20, 21, 69 and 72 yards — two runs and two passes.

ua 7

The number of points ASU scored after the 9:06 mark of the third quarter. That adds up to seven points in the final 24 minutes and nine seconds. Just like it did at Oregon State, the offense couldn't score when ASU needed it to most.

Graphics by Evan Webeck | Sports reporter

Reach the reporter at ewebeck@asu.edu or follow him on Twitter @EvanWebeck

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow them on Twitter @statepresssport

×