Tempe Police: Man dines, dashes, runs out of time to dump his meth

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A Phoenix man was arrested Nov. 20 on the 1900 block of East Third Street on suspicion of theft, dangerous drug possession and drug paraphernalia possession, according to the police report.

The man had been drinking and eating at the Thirsty Lion Pub and Grill, which is located in Tempe Marketplace, when he walked out of the restaurant without paying, his $41.78 bill, police reported.

The business alerted police to what happened and officers began looking for the man, according to the report.

The man had meth on his person at the time of arrest, but he told officers he had planned to dispose of the drugs before the police found him, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

An 18-year-old Chandler woman was arrested Nov. 15 on the 5000 block of South Arizona Mills Circle on suspicion of shoplifting, marijuana possession, drug paraphernalia possession and being a minor in possession of liquor, according to a police report.

The woman was shopping at the FYE store in Arizona Mills Mall when she attempted to leave the store without paying for two pairs of headphones that cost $49.87, police reported.

The woman also had a marijuana grinder, a bag of marijuana and a bottle of Fireball Whiskey, according to the report.

The woman told officers she had shoplifted out of greed and that she smokes marijuana regularly, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and released pending charges, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Shelby Slade.

Reach the news editor at sgslade@asu or follow her on Twitter @shelbygslade

×