ASU men's basketball faces Stanford seeking third straight win

Junior Eric Jacobsen gives a call of victory as he hangs off the rim following his slam dunk on Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015, against the Colorado Buffalos at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe. The Sun Devils went on to win against the Buffaloes 78-72. (J. Bauer-Leffler/The State Press)

Junior Eric Jacobsen gives a call of victory as he hangs off the rim following his slam dunk on Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015, against the Colorado Buffalos at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe. The Sun Devils went on to win against the Buffaloes 78-72. (J. Bauer-Leffler/The State Press) Junior Eric Jacobsen gives a call of victory as he hangs off the rim following his slam dunk on Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015, against the Colorado Buffalos at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe. The Sun Devils went on to win against the Buffaloes 78-72. (J. Bauer-Leffler/The State Press)

Looking for a third straight conference win, the ASU men's basketball team (10-9, 2-4 Pac-12) is in Palo Alto Saturday for a clash with Stanford.

The Cardinal (13-5, 4-2 Pac-12) are coming off of a close loss at home to No. 7 Arizona on Thursday and are looking to get back on track.

Stanford is 2-2 against ranked opponents this year, beating Washington and Texas and dropping games to Duke and Arizona.

Led by senior guard Chasson Randle, Stanford has positioned itself well for the long stretch of conference play, slowly emerging as one of the top tier teams. Randle averages 20.2 points per game this season, including a 32 point outburst against UCLA a few weeks ago.

Senior guard Anthony Brown has been a surprising contributor for the Cardinal, scoring 15.5 point per game, which is the best of his career. Brown leads the team with 7.4 assists per game as well.

The Cardinal are obviously fueled by their guards and ASU will have to keep them on the perimeter in order to win Saturday night.

each the reporter at mtonis@asu.edu or on Twitter @Tonis_The_Tiger.

×