ASU men's basketball looks for first conference win against Colorado

Freshman guard Tra Holder goes up for a layup in a game against Pepperdine, Saturday, Dec. 13, 2014 at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe. After trailing the entire first half, the Sun Devils came from behind and defeated the Waves 81-74. (Photo by Ben Moffat)

Freshman guard Tra Holder goes up for a layup in a game against Pepperdine, Saturday, Dec. 13, 2014 at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe. ASU will be looking for their first conference win this weekend against Colorado. (Photo by Ben Moffat) Freshman guard Tra Holder goes up for a layup in a game against Pepperdine, Saturday, Dec. 13, 2014 at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe. ASU will be looking for their first conference win this weekend against Colorado. (Photo by Ben Moffat)

After a blowout loss to No. 8 Utah Thursday, the ASU men's basketball team hopes to rebound in its second conference home game Saturday night.

The Sun Devils (8-9, 0-4 Pac-12) will attempt to win their first conference game when they host Colorado on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. at Wells Fargo Arena.

The Buffaloes (9-7, 2-2 Pac-12) come into Tempe following a loss to No. 10 Arizona in Tucson on Thursday and are on a two-game losing streak.

Colorado is led by senior guard Askia Booker, who leads the team in points (16.4) and assists (3.1) per game. Junior forward Josh Scott is close behind Booker in the stats department, pouring in 13.8 points per game and snagging 7.2 rebounds per game in 13 appearances.

Colorado was supposed to challenge Arizona and Utah for the top spot in the conference this season, but a slow start has the Buffaloes behind to start the conference season. Currently sixth in the Pac-12, Colorado has time to recover and make a run to the top of the standings.

ASU remains at the cellar of the Pac-12 standings and is the only school in the conference without a win in Pac-12 play. After this home stand, the Sun Devils embark on a two-game California road trip against Cal (11-7, 1-4 Pac-12) and Stanford (12-4, 4-1 Pac-12).

Reach the reporter at mtonis@asu.edu or on Twitter @Tonis_The_Tiger

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepresssport on Twitter

×