Bravo to President Obama's burn during his State of the Union address. He stated, "I have no more campaigns to run. I know because I won both of them."

Boo to the NCAA for making the ASU women’s basketball team compete on the road to start the NCAA tournament, telling azcentral sports in a statement that the University can’t host games at an off-campus site. ASU has a conflict at Wells Fargo Arena with the gymnastics team hosting the Pac-12 meet on March 21.

Boo to hiking and vandalism damaging petroglyphs on Hayden Butte, otherwise known as "A" Mountain. The butte's home to more than 500 petroglyphs made between 750 and 1450 AD.

Bravo to the art exchange that is being coordinated with the Bronx Museum of the Arts and Cuba's National Museum of Fine Arts. This is a solid first move to jumpstart the healing process between the U.S. and Cuba.

Boo-ravo to ASU's hiring of a Title IX coordinator to oversee investigations of sexual assault and sexual misconduct. It's a good move, but it should have come earlier.

Bravo to Larry Wilmore. After cutting his teeth as a correspondent on "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart," Wilmore is now the only African-American host on television with "The Nightly Show" on Comedy Central. Replacing Stephen Colbert is a daunting task, but this is a step in the right direction for late night entertainment diversity.

Boo to the businesses and creative art spaces along Roosevelt Row that face demolition after local real estate company, Barton Properties, earned a permit to create high-rise luxury apartments in the area. Residents, students and arts advocates have voiced concerns about the action and plan to peacefully protest the demolition.

Bravo to GOP Congressional leaders for canceling the debate and vote on House Resolution 36, which, if enacted, would have banned abortions past 20 weeks.

Boo to Frito-Lay for introducing a new "cinnamon, sugar puff" snack. They are calling it Sweetos, and we think they could do better.

Bravo to Netflix for picking up "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt," written by Tina Fey and starring Ellie Kemper, for two seasons.

Boo to the New England Patriots for (allegedly) deflating the Indianapolis Colts' chances of making the Super Bowl. While quarterback Tom Brady may have said that he would "never do anything to cheat," evidence shows that the footballs used by New England were under-inflated. Now, a league that is stumbling to get back on its feet just got another black eye.

×