Sun Devil Snapshot: ASU shines on court, mat

Junior Eric Jacobsen gives a call of victory as he hangs off the rim following his slam dunk on Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015, against the Colorado Buffalos at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe. The Sun Devils went on to win against the Buffaloes 78-72. (J. Bauer-Leffler/The State Press)

Junior Eric Jacobsen gives a call of victory as he hangs off the rim following his slam dunk on Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015, against the Colorado Buffalos at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe. The Sun Devils went on to win against the Buffaloes 78-72. (J. Bauer-Leffler/The State Press) Junior Eric Jacobsen gives a call of victory as he hangs off the rim following his slam dunk on Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015, against the Colorado Buffalos at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe. The Sun Devils went on to win against the Buffaloes 78-72. (J. Bauer-Leffler/The State Press)

55 — Shooting percentage in ASU men's basketball's 78-72 win over Colorado on Saturday afternoon. The Sun Devils improved their shooting in part thanks to senior forward Shaquielle McKissic's team-leading 16 points.

1 — Number of conference wins for ASU men's basketball, which earned its first Pac-12 win on Saturday against Colorado. Their performance was helped by the 942 Crew's "Curtain of Distraction," which garnered national attention this week (and for good reason).

13 — ASU women's basketball came in at No. 13 in the latest AP poll released Monday, one spot up from where they were last week. They played against No. 11 Stanford (13-4, 5-0 Pac-12) Monday night, picking up their first road win against the Cardinal in 31 years.

37 — Minutes played by senior guard Promise Amukamara in ASU women's basketball's 67-52 win over Cal on Friday. Amukamara was stellar on both ends of the floor, finishing with 20 points and eight rebounds.

6 — Number of shutouts by hockey's sophomore goaltender Robert Levin this season following ASU's 3-0 win against No. 6 Lindenwood on Friday. Levin leads the ACHA in shutouts this season, and is surrendering an average of just over two goals per game.

0:34 — Time left in the final period until sophomore forward Michael Cummings scored the game-tying goal to force overtime in hockey's game on Saturday. It wasn't enough for No. 1 ASU however, as the Sun Devils fell to No. 6 Lindenwood in a shootout.

24 — D1Baseball.com Monday

2.2 — Margin of defeat for ASU gymnastics against No. 2 LSU on Friday. ASU also fell by 1.2 points to host Kentucky in the meet, but improved by 0.2 points from its last meet against now-No. 23 Southern Utah.

7.82 — Time, in seconds, for senior hurdler Cameron Taylor in the men's 60-meter hurdles at the NAU Friday Night Duals in Flagstaff, a time that would win the event.

24.39 — Time, in seconds, for senior Brianna Tate to win the 200-meter dash on Friday at the NAU Friday Night Duals. Tate would later be on the women's 4x400 meter team that won their event with a time of 3:44.29.

0 — Number of sets dropped by the ASU women's tennis team in their dominating performance against UC Davis on Saturday. Junior Desirae Krawczyk, who is ranked No. 32 in the country, didn't even drop a single game in her singles matchup with a 6-0, 6-0 win.

25 Margin of victory in ASU wrestling's 31-6 win over CSU Bakersfield on Sunday. The Sun Devils only lost two matches, riding on the shoulders of redshirt junior Blake Stauffer's 12-1 win over Sean Pollock.

Reach the assistant sports editor at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×