Devils of Arizona State - Tempe campus, round two

Music therapy sophomore Ariann Hutter. (Photo by Ryan Santistevan/The State Press)

Devils of Arizona State

History and sport journalism major Brian Carroll. (Photo by Ryan Santistevan/The State Press). History and sport journalism major Brian Carroll. (Photo by Ryan Santistevan/The State Press).

History and sports journalism senior Brian Carroll — "I grew up playing sports and I knew I wasn't going to play as a professional, so I thought, 'Why not write about sports?' I am in sports journalism right now in this second semester. I started off at community college but eventually got into a journalism school."

"I am double majoring in history although I am not doing anything with history. I just kind of like it. I didn't get in directly to this school for journalism but with history, so it took a couple years to be accepted into the journalism program. Position-wise, I basically will do anything. However, I wanna do college football, I've been playing football since I was six. I have a really good grasp on anything so any sport would be good."

Business management freshman Kaitlin Eckenrode (Ryan Santistevan/ The State Press) Business management freshman Kaitlin Eckenrode. (Ryan Santistevan/ The State Press)

Business management with a minor in sports and media studies freshman Kaitlin Eckenrode — "I chose ASU for the W.P. Carey School of Business and the weather. Hopefully I end up working for myself. Also, I am not too picky. I love sports so I could work with football, basketball, baseball or hockey. I want to be the next Jerry McGuire, the female version."

"I am a part of Sports Business Association and also I am a part of 942 Crew, as the newest member. We do a lot of marketing, which is business related in a way. I go to all the basketball, football and baseball games and I cheer my head off. I get hyped and get others hyped!"

Mathematics freshman Brentlee Cass. (Photo by Ryan Santistevan/The State Press). Mathematics freshman Brentlee Cass. (Photo by Ryan Santistevan/The State Press).

Math major freshman Brentlee Cass — "I like math a lot. When I got out of high school, I wanted to be a math teacher. Then once I got to ASU, I decided to switch from education just to math. They have a really good math program. I am considering going into military contracting."

"I broke my wrist by playing Quidditch. What made me join it was I saw they had cool jerseys. The main objective is to get the Quaffel through the hoop. I am also in the math club, big surprise there, and in it there are guest speakers that come and talk about how it is to be a mathematician."

Music therapy sophomore Ariann Hutter. (Photo by Ryan Santistevan/The State Press) Music therapy sophomore Ariann Hutter. (Photo by Ryan Santistevan/The State Press)

Music therapy sophomore Ariann Hutter — "The different music teachers I had during high school inspired me into my major, I was really into music. I want to help kids in a school setting, either those with a disability or just kids."

"There's one thing I really enjoy doing that's newer. It's not a part of the music program, however, it's more of an extracurricular. It's Rainbow Connection, a choir for young adults with Autism. So we like help them learn new songs and activities. We hold a little concert when we are done. It only goes for about five weeks so we have a concert on the fifth."

Reach the reporter at ryan.santistevan@asu.edu or follow @ryanerica18 on Twitter

×