Sun Devil Snapshot: A head coaching search, and career days on the diamond.

Herb Sendek is out as ASU men's basketball coach, and ASU baseball has a wild weekend.

ASU BASEBALL VS STANFORD
Junior Johnny Sewald dives safely into first base to avoid the tag in the bottom of the eighth inning against Stanford at Phoenix Municipal park on Sunday March 29, 2015. The Sun Devils defeated the Cardinals 14-6. (Jacob Stanek/The State Press)

9 — Seasons in which ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek was at the helm before he was fired Tuesday

159-137 — Sendek's record at ASU during his nine-year tenure. The Sun Devils reached the NCAA Tournament twice and the NIT four times before athletic director Ray Anderson decided a change needed to be made.

5.2 — Time left, in seconds, that ASU women's basketball had to defeat Florida State, trailing by one point. Junior guard Peace Amukamara couldn't get a shot off and ASU was bounced in the Sweet 16.

4 — Number of walk-off hits for ASU baseball after junior Chris Beall hit a two-run single to beat Stanford 7-6 on Friday. After the win, the Sun Devils are now 9-3 in one-run games this season.

2012 — The last time an ASU baseball player had five hits in a single game until sophomore catcher Brian Serven went 5-for-5 in the Sun Devils' 14-6 win against Stanford on Saturday.

2 — Number of home runs for Serven in Sunday's win, the first multi-homer game for the Sun Devils this season.

7.5 — Number of Territorial Cup points for ASU after softball took two out of three games from Arizona over the course of the weekend. ASU now leads the series 7.5-5.5.

42 — Number worn by ASU redshirt senior quarterback Mike Bercovici and redshirt senior defensive backs Lloyd Carrington and Jordan Simone at Saturday's football scrimmage. It was the first time the camouflage No. 42 Pat Tillman jerseys were worn at practice in 2015, and Bercovici became the first offensive player to ever don the jersey.

6-1 — Score by which No. 24 ASU tennis fell to No. 13 Stanford and No. 3 Cal in their two matches this weekend, their first home conference losses this season.

4:14.35 — Time for ASU track and field senior Shelby Houlihan in the women's 1500 meter on Saturday, a new meet record.

Reach the assistant sports editor at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepresssport on Twitter.

×