Devils of Arizona State - Round three with Tempe

Each week reporter Ryan Santistevan shares the stories of a handful of ASU students found wandering around the University’s campuses. Here are five who were willing to share their stories from the Tempe campus.

Mathematics senior Kim Davis. (Ryan Santistevan/The State Press) Mathematics senior Kim Davis. (Ryan Santistevan/The State Press)

Math senior Kim Davis — "Right now, I work for a family friend building flashlights. I learned how to solder, that was interesting. I've always been the kid to play with legos, things like that, so it is fun to build something that, at the end, it does something."

Physics and math senior Jonathan Alison — "I am the secretary of the society of physics. It's more of a social thing. We hang out as a society to help each other with our homework. We give each other moral support."

Communication sophomore Karen Marquez — "My dream, my vision would be to plan music festivals some day. I can play the piano a little, but I am not super musical. I am more into the logistics and planning stuff like that, so I think that would be really fun."

Computer systems engineering freshman Joel Menja. (Ryan Santistevan/The State Press) Computer systems engineering freshman Joel Menja. (Ryan
Santistevan/The State Press)

Computer systems engineering freshman Joel Menja — "Programming with robots has been the coolest thing I've done here. My dad was an engineer. I am from Africa but I will be in Arizona for four years. I am not going back to Africa. I will visit, but not live there. There is no family here, there is just me. It's all right; it's like 70 percent all right being here. I like Arizona."

Psychology freshman Beth Rosenberg — "I've always liked helping people. I just got a research assistant position for a lab next semester. We are working with middle schoolers and helping them form better school bonding type things, preventing emotional anxiety and other disorders that could potentially form."

Reach the reporter at ryan.santistevan@asu.edu or follow @ryanerica18 on Twitter.

×