Sun Devil Snapshot: Baseball retakes spotlight

8 — Number of scoreless innings thrown by ASU sophomore right-hander Seth Martinez in his Friday start against defending Pac-12 champions Oregon State. It was an impressive outing in what was just his second Friday start, but the Sun Devils fell 1-0 after a failed suicide squeeze in the fifth inning.

3 —
scored the winning run to beat the Beavers 4-3

7 — Number of saves for ASU junior Ryan Burr after he came in and successfully shut the door on Oregon State in ASU's 7-4 win on Sunday, its first Pac-12 series win under Tracy Smith.

5 — The Sun Devils will face No. 4 seed UConn (20-14)

2 — Total number of games played by ASU in their series against Washington, instead of the expected three, after Sunday's game was cancelled by constant rain. ASU split the series, winning on Saturday night.

2 — Number of Sun Devil gymnasts who took part in their final home meet on Friday night during Senior Night against Air Force. Natasha Sundby and Brianna Gades ended their season the same way they started it, with a win.

21, 31 — Place for the women's and men's track and field teams at the NCAA indoor championships.

14-0 Combined score for ASU tennis in their two matches against Utah and Colorado on Sunday to open Pac-12 conference play. The Sun Devils have now won their last eight matches.

21 — Strokes over-par for ASU women's golf in the Clover Cup, which was good enough for their first win of the season.

Reach the assistant sports editor at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×