No. 24 ASU tennis ends four-match losing streak with win over Oregon

The Sun Devils' 13th win of the season may have not been as lucky as they would have hoped

The Sun Devil women's tennis team squares of against UCLA at the Whiteman Tennis Center on April 3rd, 2015. The Sun Devils would lose to the Bruins 3-4.

The No. 24 ASU tennis team (13-7, 4-3) was victorious Friday over the No. 67 Oregon Ducks, winning by a final of 4-2.

The win ends ASU's four-match losing streak, its longest of the season.

The team once again outplayed its opponent during the doubles course of the match.

ASU's No. 3 pair of sophomore Alex Osborne and junior Ebony Panoho defeated sophomore Lina Akesson and sophomore Paloma Gomez, 8-3

The Sun Devils' No. 2 pair of senior Joanna Smith and sophomore Kassidy Jump defeated Oregon sophomore Marlou Kluiving and senior Nicole Long, 8-4, giving ASU a one-point lead entering singles play.

Senior Leighann Sahagun, Jump and Panoho each won their respective matches to earn the Sun Devils their 13th win on the dual-season.

However, the team's win wasn't a completely clean result, as Desirae Krawczyk (No. 27 in the nation) was forced to retire from her singles match during the second set because of an injury.

It has yet to be determined how serious the injury is.  

Up next for ASU is the No. 50 Washington Huskies on Sunday at 11 a.m. in Seattle.

Reach the reporter at kajone31@asu.edu or follow @kaelenjones on Twitter.

Like State Press Sports on Facebook or follow @statepresssport on Twitter.

×