Former ASU football defensive lineman Jaxon Hood hints at possible return

Hood said "I'm back" on Twitter

Junior defensive tackle Jaxon Hood tips a pass on a 3rd down to force a Stanford punt in the 4th quarter of the game against Stanford on Oct. 18. ASU defeated Stanford 26-10. (Photo by Andrew Ybanez)

Former ASU football defensive lineman Jaxon Hood hinted at a potential return to the Sun Devils Friday morning, according to a series of tweets.

Hood, who was left off the spring football roster due to personal issues, rarely played in 2014 after often being away from the team to deal with off-the-field issues.

While his future status with the program appeared to be uncertain, Hood hinted on Twitter Friday at a potential return.

"I'm back," Hood said on Twitter Friday morning.

Five minutes later, Hood followed it up with another tweet.

"The road to greatness continues!" Hood said on Twitter.

Four minutes later, Hood added a promise to his fans.

"For those who remained loyal to me, I will not disappoint," Hood tweeted. "You can mark that down."

Hood, who would be a senior next year, confirmed that he was indeed talking about football in his return.

Hood has 53 tackles in 33 career games for the Sun Devils, along with three total sacks.

Reach the assistant sports editor at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×