Winter is coming: A guide to the 'Game of Thrones' season five premiere

Winter is coming, and so is the season five premiere of "Game of Thrones." To all the GoT addicts, the relapse is just days away.

Here are a couple things to remember about where the characters are before Sunday April 12.

Warning: Spoilers below

Tyrion

This guy was lucky enough to escape his death sentence with the help of his brother, Jamie and Lord Varys. His father, Tywin, and his ex-lover Shae, on the other hand, were not so lucky. Moments before his escape, Tyrion entered his father’s room to find Shae in Tywin’s bed. A gold chain and a crossbow were the last thing these two saw before dying at the hand of Tyrion. After his mini-murder spree, Tyrion hid inside a crate on ship and headed overseas.

Daenerys

The Mother of Dragons decided to lock up two out of three of her dragons after one torched a little girl, but one of the dragons, Drogon, is still missing in action. She also exiled Jorah, her most trusted advisors, after discovering he spied on her for King Robert Baratheon. Things are headed a little south for Daenerys in Meereen as she learns that some slaves learned to like their chains.

Sansa

Poor little Sansa showed that she is actually not so pitiful. She revealed her dark side and used it to lie to the Vale about the death of her aunt. Her lies created an alliance with Lord Petyr "Littlefinger"Baelish, the most untrustworthy player in the game. In season five, she will be featured with darker hair and a darker soul.

Arya

This little spitfire gets fiercer in every episode. Arya just left the Hound to die after his intense battle with Brienne. He begged Arya to take his life, but she just took his silver and headed to Braavos. As her hit list gets smaller, she grows stronger.

Bran’s crew meets the three-eyed raven

Bran, Hodor and Meera made it to the Three-Eyed Raven, but unfortunately Jojen died moments before the group received shelter from the Children. The Raven told Bran that he may not walk, but he might fly one day.

Tommen

After the highlight of season four (Joffery's death), Tommen is King and supposed to marry Margaery Tyrell. 

Reach the reporter at randrew3@asu.edu or follow @rachelandrewss on Twitter

×