ASU hockey's Liam Norris granted year of eligibility, will join NCAA roster

2014-15 was believed to be Norris' final year, but he will return in 2015-16

Senior forward Liam Norris skates with the puck in a game against Arizona on Saturday, Jan. 31, 2015, at Oceanside Ice Arena in Tempe. The Sun Devils defeated the Wildcats 7-2.

2014-15 WCHL MVP and ASU senior Liam Norris will be granted a year of NCAA eligibility and join the ASU hockey NCAA roster in 2015-16, according to a University source.

Norris, who led the Sun Devils with 50 points (14 goals, 36 assists) in 2014-15, is listed as a "graduate" on the ASU roster and will be granted a year of NCAA eligibility while taking graduate-level classes at the University.

He was also named to the WCHL all-league team after the 2014-15 regular season.

Norris has 134 points in his career for ASU, crossing the 100-goal, 100-game mark for his career last season in helping lead ASU to the ACHA semifinals in their final season as a full ACHA club hockey member.

ASU hockey will begin its first season as an NCAA team against ACHA opponent Arizona on Oct. 3. Check out the full leaked schedule here.

Reach the assistant sports editor at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×