Report: UCLA wide receiver Devin Lucien to transfer within Pac-12

ASU reported as a likely landing spot for the graduate transfer

SPORTS FBC-NEVADA-UCLA 6 LA
Nevada defensive back Charles Garrett breaks up a pass intended for UCLA receiver Devin Lucien in the first quarter on Saturday, August 31, 2013, at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California. (Luis Sinco/Los Angeles Times/MCT)

UCLA redshirt junior wide receiver Devin Lucien is no longer part of the team and is looking to transfer as a graduate student, according to BruinSportsReport.com.

UCLA coach Jim Mora confirmed that Lucien is no longer part of the team, telling ESPN.com's David Lombardi that Lucien is "no longer part of our program" at practice Tuesday.

Lucien has one year of eligibility remaining and is eligible to play immediately as a graduate transfer.

Lucien is expected to transfer within the Pac-12 conference, Lombardi said.

BruinsSportsReport.com said his source indicated that Lucien "will likely end up at Arizona State, although he will explore his options."

ASU is one of six Pac-12 schools that offered Lucien a scholarship out of high school. The others are UCLA, Cal, Colorado, Oregon State and Utah.

Lucien was the Bruins' third-leading receiver in terms of catches (29) and sixth-leading receiver in terms of yard (225), finishing with two touchdown catches.

UCLA will not be returning redshirt junior quarterback Brett Hundley after he declared for the NFL Draft. Hundley has been starting quarterback for each of Lucien's three seasons as a Bruin.

ASU is looking to fill a void at the wide receiver position after coach Todd Graham announced two weeks ago that junior wide receiver Cameron Smith would be out for the season after an offseason knee surgery.

If Lucien moves within the Pac-12, he will become the second notable graduate transfer in the conference this offseason. Former Eastern Washington quarterback Vernon Adams Jr. announced he was transferring to Oregon earlier this offseason.

Reach the assistant sports editor at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×