ASU baseball's David Graybill drafted by the San Francisco Giants in MLB Draft

ASU's injury-plagued reliever is selected in 2015 MLB Draft

3/31ASUvsNEWMEXICO_Graybill
Junior David Graybill allows no runs in three innings pitched against New Mexico at Phoenix Municipal Stadium on Tuesday March 31, 2015. The Sun Devils defeated the Aggies 7-3. (Jacob Stanek/ The State Press)

It's been a tough road, but ASU baseball reliever David Graybill will get his chance to go pro.

Graybill, who battled injuries for most of 2015, was selected by the San Francisco Giants in the ninth round of the 2015 MLB Draft Tuesday.

The junior right-hander made his pitching debut for the Sun Devils in 2015 following two seasons as an infielder, posting a 4.32 ERA in nine appearances (two starts). He struck out nine batters, while also walking nine in 8.1 innings pitched.

Graybill battled nagging injuries, notably a hamstring injury, limiting his appearances.

Graybill, a graduate out of Brophy College Prep in Phoenix, has previously been drafted twice. He was selected by the Los Angeles Dodgers in the 31st round of the 2012 MLB Draft, and by the New York Yankees in the 32nd round of the 2014 MLB Draft.

Graybill has until July 17 to sign his professional contract. If he does not sign, he may return to ASU for his senior season.

Reach the reporter at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×