ASU one of 10 schools reportedly licensed in latest edition of 'NBA 2K'

Joins fellow Pac-12 schools Arizona and UCLA

James Harden 2K cover

Former ASU men's basketball guard James Harden will be featured on the cover of NBA 2K16 (Photo courtesy of 2K Sports)

Want to play for coach Bobby Hurley at ASU?

Now you can. No, seriously.

There's one catch -- it's in a video game.

The popular video game series "NBA 2K" recently had their achievement lists for their latest edition, "NBA 2K16," leaked to the public, revealing that players in the popular "MyCareer" feature will be able to choose their collegiate career paths.

Further research into the matter from gamer PastaPadre shows that ASU is currently one of 10 collegiate programs that the game has licensing for and could potentially use in the game.

The other schools that NBA2K reportedly has licensing for are Arizona, Georgetown, Louisville, Michigan, Texas, UCLA, UCONN, Villanova and Wisconsin.

It is still unknown what the extent of the college licensing will be for the game, which will be released Sept. 29.

Former Sun Devil and current Houston Rockets guard James Harden has been confirmed as one of three cover athletes for the game, which also includes Golden State Warriors point guard and 2014-15 NBA MVP Stephen Curry and New Orleans Pelicans forward Anthony Davis.

Reach the reporter at fardaya@asu.edu or follow @fardaya15 on Twitter.

×