14 websites to visit when you're bored

People of the Internet, this list is for you.

Whether you are taking a break from homework or are just looking to waste a few minutes (or possibly hours), this list of websites has a little something for everyone.

Reddit

Screenshot of Reddit.com/r/ASU

Reddit.com is a social networking news and entertainment website where users can submit content and vote submissions up and down (if you didn't already know that). The website is a community made of hundreds of thousands of forums called "subreddits." There are subreddits for nearly every interest. After all, this website calls itself, "The front page of the Internet." ASU has its very own community over at /r/ASU!

The Useless Web

Screenshot of Theuselessweb.com

If you are looking to waste a few minutes, look no further than the most useless website on the Internet, The Useless Web. The Useless Web is a collection of pointless websites. With the click of a button you are taken to a random pointless website. 

ClickHole

Screenshot of Clickhole.com

Inspired by clickbait websites like Upworthy and Buzzfeed, ClickHole is a satirical website that parodies the clickbait content culture and low-quality content that is read and shared on social media.

8^8

Screenshot of 8x8x8x8x8x8x8x8.com

Have you ever wondered if there is another person just like you in the world? There might be and the team at uuave believes that they can help you find that person. Take a few minutes to answer eight questions truthfully and verify your email. You will receive an email notifying you when someone answers those eight questions in the same way you did. 

Tii.me

Screenshot of Tii.me

This website helps you find out how much of your life you need to waste in order to binge-watch an entire tv series. Fun fact: It would take eight days, 19 hours and 34 minutes to watch every episode of the longest running show on television, The Simpsons.

You're Getting Old!

Screenshot of You.regettingold.com

Time never stops and you never stop aging. Go here, enter your birthdate and view a list of interesting facts and data about your age and what has happened in the world since you were born.

100,000 Stars

Screenshot of Stars.chromeexperiments.com

Open your Chrome browser and take an interactive, 3D tour of our galactic neighborhood. Land on any planet, moon or star and learn about them through this in-browser visualization.

DO NOT TOUCH

Screenshot of Donottouch.org

Take part in this interactive, crowdsourced music video. You are prompted to move your cursor and the follow instructions on the screen. Your cursor movements are recorded for others to view when they take their turn.

Silk

Screenshot of Weavesilk.com

Sit in a comfortable chair and mindlessly click and drag your cursor across a blank, black canvas and turn your cursor movements into art. You do not have to be an artist to create something cool with this tool.

High Definition Earth-Viewing System (HDEV)

Screenshot of Eol.jsc.nasa.gov/HDEV

HDEV is an experiment by the astronauts aboard the International Space Station. Several mounted, commercial HD video cameras are aimed at the earth and stream 24/7.

Music Suggestions Ninja

Screenshot of Musicsuggestions.ninja

Discovering new music is always fun. Music Suggestions Ninja makes finding music similar to your interests easy. Just type in your favorite song or artist and MSN will display a tree of artists to listen to. 

The Internet Arcade

Screenshot of Archive.org

This website provides easy, free access to 900 classic arcade games. The website is hosted by the Internet Archive, a website that is helping record the history of the internet. Sure, these games are not as complex as the ones on Steam or your console, but they are still fun and simple.

Personality Insights

Screenshot of Watson-um-demo.mybluemix.net

With the application of linguistic analysis, IBM's artificial intelligent computer system, Watson, analyzes a segment of text to estimate and determine personality traits of the person who wrote that piece of text. Go ahead, paste a personal essay, tweet or blog post and see what Watson has to say about your personality.

Build With Chrome

Screenshot of Buildwithchrome.com

Do you miss playing with LEGO bricks? This website has you covered. This collaboration between Google Chrome and The Lego Group allows you to play and make virtual LEGO creations. 

Reach the reporter at anicla@asu.edu or follow @AndrewNiclaASU on Twitter

×