Tempe Police: Man caught with stolen chips, cocaine and moonshine

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe Police reported the following incidents on Thursday:

A Phoenix man was arrested Oct. 30 on the 1300 block of Apache Boulevard on suspicion of shoplifting and drug possession, according to a police report.

The man and his girlfriend were contacted at a gas station after the man stole a bag of chips and a soda, police reported.

As officers approached the man, he was eating the chips and drinking the stolen soda, according to the report.

After the man was positively identified as the suspect by a gas station clerk, police searched him, police reported.

Officers found a bag of cocaine, a bottle of wine and a jar of moonshine in his possession, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and released pending charges.

A Tempe man was arrested Oct. 30 at Baseline Road and Hobson Street on suspicion of theft, resisting arrest and drug possession, according to a police report.

The man was seen removing a gas powered pressure washer from a residence and taking a compound saw from a separate residence, police reported.

The man was contacted during a traffic stop, and he began pulling away from police officers when they realized he was the man suspected of stealing these items, according to the report.

The man was asked to cooperate several times, but continued to resist until he was tased, police reported. The man was detained and a search revealed a quantity of methamphetamine in his pocket, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Isabella Castillo

Tempe Police: Man caught crossing light rail tracks, hides meth in his shoe

Tempe Police: Man denies having weapon in car, police still find it

Reach the reporter at icastil3@asu.edu or follow @isabella_m_cast on twitter

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter

×